The Prescription for Change™ Foundation
Today, the Foundation has partnered with charitable organizations across the United States in support of our mission to change lives.
1) Center of Hope—Nashville, TN. The Salvation Army Nashville Center of Hope includes three Transitional Housing programs, an Emergency Services Center, and weekly Breakfast Brigade and Soup Wagon feeding outreach ministries. All clients work, complete school or job training and receive counseling. Services include licensed child care, life skills learning classes including GED tutored training, job readiness and search assistance, and financial literacy, and individualized, plan-based case management. The program helps individuals move from homelessness and crisis to permanent housing and self-sufficiency.
2) Harbor House—San Francisco, CA. The Salvation Army Harbor House is a transitional housing program for single parent, homeless families with services that include parenting classes, life skills, support groups, individualized counseling and a licensed child care program. The Harbor Light Detoxification Center is a live-in, work-out program with a focus on the holistic recovery from life-threatening addictions.
3) Harbor Light System—Detroit, MI. The Salvation Army Harbor Light System services people in three counties, Macomb, Monroe and Wayne, and provides a continuum of care and case management services designed to maximize the probability of recovery, self-sufficiency and re-entry into society after combating homelessness and or alcohol and drug abuse. Services include a detox unit and treatment programs, housing assistance services and a legal assistance program.
4) Inspiration Corporation—Chicago, IL. Inspiration Corporation helps people who are affected by homelessness and poverty to improve their lives and increase self-sufficiency through the provision of social services, employment training and placement and housing. Today, Inspiration Corporation serves 3,000 individuals a year—serving as a catalyst for self-reliance.
5) Westwood Transitional Village—Los Angeles, CA. The Salvation Army Westwood Transitional Village provides residential housing and support services for homeless families, including veterans and their families. Families can spend up to two years at Westwood Transitional Village while they develop stability and acquire the skills they need for independent living. The Bessie Pregerson Childcare Center provides licensed child care on site.